Whether it be through in-session counseling or coaching by Skype and phone, I help people with a variety of issues relating to mental health and wellness. I offer practical strategies to help people improve their personal adjustment at home and work. Using the insights I have developed with my background in mental health, I offer practical solutions and psycho-social strategies for emotional wellness and life adjustment.
- Communication Skills
- Managing Stress
- Life and Work Adjustment
- Workplace and Personal Change
- Healthy Thinking
- Developing Confidence and Self-Empowerment
- Public Speaking Confidence
Areas of Psychotherapy:
- Individual Adults
- Marriage Counseling
- Family Counseling
I offer strategies help people:
- Manage Anxiety
- Handle Stress
- Recover from Depression
- Improve Relationships
- Increase Assertiveness
- Manage Anger
- Handle Problems at Work
- Parenting Issues
- Heal from Trauma and Loss
The focus of my therapy is very practical and skill oriented. I help clients develop practical life skills to improve their lives right away.
Sample Handouts from My New Release – 150 Group Therapy Activities and Tips
Therapeutic Activities and Strategies Geared Towards Children
Cognitive Behavior Strategies
ACT Acceptance and Visualization Strategies
Improving Interpersonal Relationships
Other Psychoeducational Handouts and Worksheets
- Understanding the Three Types of Communication
- Learning about Communication – For kids, teens and adults
- What is Your Assertiveness IQ?
- Checklist for Assertive Behavior
- The Three Types of Communication
- Rhetorical Questions – Put downs in disguise!
- Aggressive, Non-Assertive and Assertive. Can you tell them apart?
- Communicating with Tact and Finesse
- Effective vs Ineffective Communication
- Turn “You” Messages into “I” Messages
- Understanding Aggressive and Non-Assertive Behavior
Cognitive Behavior Strategies
- Think Healthier! Crack the NUTS and Eliminate the ANTS!
- Problematic Thinking Habits
- Watch out for those Cognitive Distortions!
- Identify Your Internal Core Beliefs
Self Help Quizzes
Just print and fill out!
- How is your emotional wellness?
- Take a Humor Inventory!
- What is your Forgiveness IQ? Take this Quick Quiz!
- What is your Sense of Humor IQ?
I offer clients strategies to identify irrational ways of thinking and replace them with more rational thoughts. This reflects a Cognitive Behavioral focus, which helps people change their thoughts to make real long lasting changes in their lives.
My approach is Psycho-Educational. Whether it is in individual or couple therapy, my clients do some homework in between sessions to practice new skills. Just as piano lessons are not effective without the student practicing, learning new coping and life skills also requires practice. that is why I offer many therapy worksheets and handouts to help clients work on skills between sessions. Many of these handouts are Cognitive Behavior Therapy worksheets that can help you build skills between sessions.
I am also a wellness speaker/workplace trainer, Employee Assistance Therapist and the author of 5 books, including the Tips and Tools For The Therapeutic Toolbox series. I am the author of Personal Development 101, and co-author of The Swiss Cheese Theory of Life! All my books offer psycho-educational life skills for improving everyday life.
I see clients in my office in Allentown, PA but do have consultation and coaching sessions for those who do not live in my area.
Office Address: 1011 Brookside RD Suite 302 Allentown, PA 18106
I strongly believe into power of Biblio-Therapy. For my favorite self-help and clinician books, see my recommended Bibliography page.
For prospective new clients, please download and print this information form to bring to your first session. Please download this intake form