The following handouts and worksheets are from my Tips and Tools for the Therapeutic Toolbox series by mental heath publisher, PESI. Here is a video I made for PESI to introduce my books and offer some practical tips and tools you can use with your clients.
Sample Handouts from 150 Group Therapy Activities and Tips
Therapeutic Activities and Strategies
Therapeutic Activities and Strategies Geared Towards Children
Cognitive Behavior Strategies
ACT Acceptance and Visualization Strategies
Improving Interpersonal Relationships
Other Psychoeducational Handouts and Worksheets
- Understanding the Three Types of Communication
- Learning about Communication – For kids, teens and adults
- What is Your Assertiveness IQ?
- Checklist for Assertive Behavior
- The Three Types of Communication
- Rhetorical Questions – Put downs in disguise!
- Aggressive, Non-Assertive and Assertive. Can you tell them apart?
- Communicating with Tact and Finesse
- Effective vs Ineffective Communication
- Turn “You” Messages into “I” Messages
- Understanding Aggressive and Non-Assertive Behavior
Cognitive Behavior Strategies
- Think Healthier! Crack the NUTS and Eliminate the ANTS!
- Problematic Thinking Habits
- Watch out for those Cognitive Distortions!
- Identify Your Internal Core Beliefs
Self Help Quizzes
Just print and fill out!
- How is your emotional wellness?
- Take a Humor Inventory!
- What is your Forgiveness IQ? Take this Quick Quiz!
- What is your Sense of Humor IQ?
Psychoeducational Group Therapy Activities
- Stress Management and Team Building Activity
- Stress Kit Handouts
- Make Your Own Metaphorical Happiness Toolkit!
- Flexible Thinking Activity
For book recommendations for clinicians as well as clients, see my recommended Bibliography page.
Visit me on Facebook at my new Tips and Tools Facebook Page where we can share resources with one another!
DOWNLOAD MY TIPS AND TOOLS WEBCASTS AND GET CE CREDITS!
Click here to download any of my 2 hour CE provider PESI’s webcasts on
Depression, Anxiety and Stress & Emotional Regulation. Mental Health professionals get 2 CE credits each.
Sign up for two of them and
get the third FREE!
Although PESI is a Continuing Education Provider for mental health professionals, anyone interested in mental health and self help can sign up and benefit from these practical life skills web casts (and the books below) that are geared towards therapists to help clients.
The following psychotherapy resources are some examples of psychoeducational materials such as free therapy handouts and therapy worksheets that therapists can use and download for use with their clients.
Since they are self-explanatory as stand alone resources, really anyone interested in self help can enjoy these various materials. Although the following links are no substitute for therapy, they can reinforce important life skills concepts and can provide structure and practice between sessions. These free downloadable therapy handouts, worksheets, self help quizzes and life skills activities provide psychotherapeutic resources that ensure continued growth and personal development. Stress management activities and techniques, counseling worksheets, counseling activities for individuals as well as group counseling sessions, all provide valuable life skills information and opportunities to practice new skills.
What are life skills and why are they so important to therapeutic effectiveness?
Life skills are the common everyday skills you need to manage your life effectively and cope with life challenges. Since we are not born with instruction manuals about life, and formal schooling focuses much more on academics than personal adjustment, learning life skills is essential to developing our emotional intelligence, resilience, work-life balance, and much more.
Below are some sample free therapy handouts, therapy worksheets, self-help quizzes and therapeutic group activities. Visit back soon as more links are added to help you fill up your mental health life skills and therapy toolbox! Skill building through these free downloadable Cognitive Behavior Therapy worksheets and Communication handouts help your clients put to practice what they learn in the therapy session. For those interested in group therapy activities, there is also a couple sheets here that are perfect for interactive group activities.